History of the East Avon Fire Department
October 6 @ 2:00 pm
The East Avon Chemical Company was founded on August 26, 1926 by a group of residents. The company occupied what was the Davin Implement building at the four corners of East Avon. The alarm was a steel ring, originally being a tire from a steam locomotive, which would be struck by a large maul to alert the volunteers of an emergency. The first pumper truck was a built on a 1938 Ford chassis. Expansions to the company brought more trucks and new facilities, and a need for more water. The East Avon water tower was eventually built as a result of a petition circulated by the fire department.